Regina has made countless educational presentations to city councils, council workshops, and public hearings all over the United States. She also testified before NCOIL, National Council of Insurance Legislators on behalf of public safety providers. Her solution-based presentations are designed to educate the public, city leaders, and insurance executives on how to implement integrity-based, professional solutions billing program in a fair and equitable manner.
- Educates public legislators and insurance executives.
- Presents information to city councils, at community workshops and public hearings.
- Developed a public safety educational DVD that was utilized by local and state legislators across the nation.
- Upon request by the Florida League of Cities, testified as a subject matter expert before the Florida Senate on behalf of the Florida League of Cities and Florida police and fire departments.
- Invited by NCOIL to testify as a subject matter expert before the National Conference of Insurance Legislators in Washington D.C. as an advocate for Safety Service Departments.
- Interviewed with numerous media outlets that included: ABC News Lexington, Kentucky; ABC News Cincinnati, Ohio; Fox News Florida; The Boston Globe; The Cleveland Plain Dealer; The Cincinnati Enquirer; and The New York Times.
- Met with several state legislators to further impress upon them the importance of protecting funding of our Nation’s Safety Service Departments.
- Was a keynote speaker before the Michigan Police Chief’s Association.
- Was a Keynote speaker before Cleveland State University’s criminology and sociology departments.
- Was quoted in Professor James J. Chriss’ book Beyond Community Policing.
- Initiated and participated in the development of a comprehensive website and maintained current updates of events that also provided media responses and event updates.
- Invited to sing the National Anthem at several State Police and Fire Memorial services.
“Although I’ve always appreciated public safety, my intense interest in public safety began in 2004. I was introduced to the very real plight of our nation’s public safety departments and the unique concept of recovering costs by Concept Founder Dr. Terry Henley.
Dr. Henley is the author of the first HIPPA and OIG Compliance and Operations Manual for fire departments. He also assisted the federal government when EMS billing was federally mandated and regulated. As a result of Dr. Henley’s reputation and broad experience, Fire Chief Joe Schutte of Hamilton, Ohio approached him in 1999. Due to budget cuts Hamilton was on the verge of being forced to close one of their fire stations, which would have drastically increased response times in certain areas of their community.
From then on, the rest is history. My love and passion for implementing solutions for public safety departments is the result of Dr. Henley’s shared endless knowledge and experience, mentoring, and ultimately gathering hands-on experience with fire and police chiefs.
Even today, I continue to have sincere belief and support of this solutions-based program and that this is a morally correct solution.”
Regina M. Jones